Public Relations Consultant
Lorraine Perryman is a public relations consultant, community volunteer, and the former mayor of Odessa, Texas. Her interest in education is reflected in the many offices and boards she serves, including founder and president, of Ector County Education Foundation; board of directors, of Odessa College Foundation; development board of the University of Texas of the Permian Basin; executive committee, Chancellor’s Council, The University of Texas System; and Chancellor’s Council, Texas Tech University System. She was appointed to a six-year term on the Texas Higher Education Board by Governor Perry in 2001.
Her other current affiliations and activities include the board of directors and Chair of the Communications Committee, Permian Basin Area Foundation; television host, Easter Seals Telethon; and Junior League of Odessa.
In addition to the activities noted above, Perryman has a far-ranging community service background, including:
- Board of Directors, Texas Cultural Trust
- President, St. John’s Episcopal School Board
- Founding board member and president, Odessa Rape Crisis Center
- Founding board member and president, West Texas Adult Literacy Council
- Board of Directors, Texas Turnpike Authority
- Executive board of Directors, United Way of Texas
Perryman has received numerous awards and other recognition for her public service. Among them:
- 2004 Buddy West Leadership Award, Presidential Museum
- 2004 Outstanding Local Leader in Texas, John Ben Shepperd Public Leadership Forum
- 2001 State of Texas Arbor Day dedication in Honor of Commitment to Trees and Community Beautification
- 1997 Distinguished Citizen of the Year, Buffalo Trail Council, Boy Scouts of America
- 1997 Mayor’s Citation for Successful Passage of Economic Development Sales Tax
- 1997 Permian Basin Person of Vision, Texas Society to Prevent Blindness
- 1994 Citizen of the Year, Odessa Chamber of Commerce
Perryman received a Bachelor of Journalism degree from The University of Texas at Austin and served as a news anchor for KOSA-TV in Odessa.